I've been swapping back and forth... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 02:46 (3567 days ago) @ bluerunner

"We can put any fanbody wars to rest before it ships."

Were it so easy. :P

Since I'll probably be swapping back and forth because of the lack of cross-gen play, it will be interesting to see how much the graphical details affect gameplay.

The gameplay has been essentially identical, barring the differences in the controls (DS3 is NOT an FPS controller). After some adjustment to the lack of fluidity associated with the DS3, the game plays pretty much the same, but with very muddy graphics. I was impressed by the draw distances (should upload my mothyard comparison pics), and I think that the insane hit to graphics (the game essentially feels like it's in upscaled 480p) was the price to pay for the gameplay to be comparable to the new-gen consoles. I've never been one to fault a game for being 30FPS or having sub-HD graphics, but Destiny has pushed my boundaries on that, but only because it actually causes me eye strain to play it on PS3. Snipe said that the 360 is better, so we'll see on Wednesday...

Like I told the DBrOs when I went back to PS4 after a long game on PS3, you don't truly appreciate all of the tiny details in Destiny until you've been away from them. I was impressed all over again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread