Way of the Gun (Destiny)

by Jabberwok, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 09:55 (3567 days ago) @ Avateur
edited by Jabberwok, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 10:13

All I know is that, watching alpha and beta footage, I have seen way more kills with the Golden Gun than with the other class supers. The range thing is a big deal. Even the Warlock has a pretty limited range, with Nova Bomb's dropoff and flight time. And the other two powers pretty much rely on getting lucky, with enemies bunching together, whereas the Hunter super always has a chance of getting three kills if the player is good.

If they wanted to balance it, I would say increase Nova Bomb's speed by a lot, and decrease the drop, and maybe add some sort of forward dash to the Titan super to give it more range. It could be optional if the button were held down or something.

I'm also a little bias, because I think Golden Gun is kind of silly. But I don't think I'm wrong about the asymmetry of the kills I've seen. Hope there are some actual stats from Bungie floating around on that...

EDIT: Seeing some footage of the higher level Titan and Warlock makes me feel like things could be more balanced in multi, but I've yet to see what a level 20 Hunter super looks like...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread