I don't think lost is the right word... (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 14:44 (3551 days ago) @ Numinar

Obviously there are some things I'd love to have someday in Destiny, like a theater/screenshot mode, but Destiny never had that to begin with, so how could we have "lost" them?

Nor has it ever had Forge, 4-player co-op, custom matches, etc...

It should be worth noting that Destiny is the first in a series and a sort of new sub-genre. If we are to compare Destiny to Halo, then right now it should be equated to Halo CE, and CE didn't have anywhere near the options Reach had. The suite of features were slowly built upon the Halo series over the course of a decade. I say let Destiny be wrangled and mastered fist, as it is an all new beast, before trying to add in a bunch of extras we grew accustomed to in a different series. Let's see what works and what doesn't and what features would be best suited for it as it grows and comes into its own.

To me, change =/= lost or gained when it's two different types of fruit. We might as well say Destiny has lost the RTS elements of Myth or the quick-turns of Marathon. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread