“You were oblivious to the magical bits beneath the hood” (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 10:39 (3562 days ago) @ kapowaz

Blaster73 Plenty of feedback has been received since the Beta went live and subsequently closed. Assuming that a decision can be made internally, how feasible is it to see changes made to the game at this point? Basically, is there enough time to implement changes?

We implemented changes before it ended. It happened both during our maintenance window and on the fly while you were in orbit. You were oblivious to the magical bits beneath the hood. Space magic! Let that bake your noodle.

Perfectly good question, and one that I think speaks to a lot of the higher-level concerns about gameplay, but as usual we get a flowery hand-waving answer from DeeJ. I think the kind of change that is being alluded to here is exactly the kind of change that you couldn't be oblivious to, isn't it?

But hey at least he answered the question, right?

ಠ_ಠ

I gotta ask... doesn't it get tiring harping on the same point every day for weeks?

We all get it. You want there to be more transparency in the development process. Bungie (who happens to be the developer) is happy with the current level of transparency, and has made that clear many times over.

How does your continual reiteration of your point do anything but alienate your readers? Do you think that maybe we missed your unhappiness? Do you feel that the 50th repetition will somehow open eyes that weren't open before? Do you worry that if you don't keep this issue in the forefront of our minds, that there's a danger that we'll forget that it bothers you (and probably others), and that the slippery slope to even LESS info will be steepened?

What do you GAIN from this constant repetition?

In the past three weeks, you've accounted for almost 6% of all posts on this forum - even though nearly 200 people have chimed in at least once in that time frame. (Your post count is 35% above your nearest competitor - a pretty significant margin.)

I'm thinking that maybe you should consider NOT posting the next time you find an example of a behavior you don't like, if it's a behavior you've already complained about. While I agree with your oft-stated premise that purely positive feedback is not useful for a developer (or really any venture), I think that maybe you've taken that thought a little too far to the other side.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread