Crucible comments/gripes/suggestions (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 15:54 (3470 days ago) @ red robber

1. Neuter (if not remove completely) the Hunter class. Between the Golden Gun Primary(yes, it is. Either through some glitch or modding--already--I've played at least two games where a player got through all 25 kills with it in Rumble) and--to steal a quote from Yahtzee--that "cop-out fuck you attack" that makes them invincible...

And Sonic 3 & Knuckles fast...

AND puts them on auto-enemy-track...

AND insta-one-hit-kills...

It's entirely one-sided, and makes me feel like an idiot for choosing anything else. I remember I was actually winning for the first time in a Crucible game--pretty sure it was Rumble--and bloop! Whadaya know. Here comes the cop-out fuck you attack! The opponent gets....whatever the Destiny equivalent of a damn Killtrocity is and automatically wins the game.

Balanced.

2. Edit the text in the Crucible so the descriptions no longer mention "Level Advantages". Every time I see "Level Advantages Disabled" I can't help but cackle a little. Yeah, players may not be able to bring in their 1,006 Level 30 defense armor, but they can sure as hell bring in their Level 30 Fusion Rifles, Sniper Rifles, One-Hit Kill Shotguns and (insert Exotic weapon name here). At the risk of sounding too Halo, I think that LAD should mean everyone starts out with an equally powerful or powerless weapon, leaving their normal stuff behind, with the opportunity to grab more powerful stuff. It may spawn on the map a la Heavy Ammo, it may already be there on the floor or something. But when I played my first Crucible game, I was Level 5, and the 2nd lowest level after that was 17 (We'll get back to that aspect of matchmaking later). So I'm walking around with literally a piss-shooter on my first game, and everyone else has Legendary and Exotics. How does that feel?

3. Add some kind of incentive for Skirmish. I honestly don't see any visible reward for risking your life and going to a player's Ghost to revive them. Glossing over the fact that the opposing team is all camping at said orb with Shotguns, Rockets and the like, there's just no point, really. How about 25 points? Maybe the victim's spree stays intact? Keeps their heavy ammo? We should get something for becoming literally sitting ducks while reviving our teammates and getting set up for a multi-kill.

4. The report section also needs to be available post-game. It doesn't make sense that the only time this(admittedly nice feature) works is when we're on a 20 second timer in between games, right when it happened. I should be able to back out of Crucible, and do my reporting while in orbit--on my time.

5. A few more rewards would be nice. And I guess a little less random, too. Not just kills obviously. Control points managed, map familiarity, tightness/looseness of game, etc. I remember once, I won a game in Control with 5 others. We actually did pretty good, for the most of us. When the rewards came up, literally the only person on our team who got one was the lowest placed player. 1 Kill, 13 Deaths, no Control Zone assistance, no nothing. He might have even been AFK. The rest of us chopped livers got nothing. Fair.

6. One more thing--circular logic. Good lord. The Quartermaster and Handler. All those marks and rank requirements! It's saying exactly: You have to win a bunch of multiplayer if you want a good weapon, and you have to have a good weapon if you want to win a bunch of multiplayer. It's a cruel and messed up circle.

For the most part, I usually simply stay away from Crucible until I get something really heavy and good.

I do enjoy the rest of it, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread