DBO Crota Raid - Finish Sunday / Friday (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 11, 2014, 01:14 (3447 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, December 11, 2014, 01:33

Let's finish this Sunday morning guys. Will that work?

At least some of us should be able to hit 31 by then. I did Crota checkpoint (but didn't finish) with some other people just now, and it's definitely possible. We got him down to about ⅓ health, and they aren't as good as you guys.

The strategy was:

Everybody hang out on left side like we were doing. Gunslingers with keyhole / combustion should kill thrall to generate orbs, and a titan should drop weapons of light. Snipe the Knights on both sides. I used the ballistics with increased stability on the Mythoclast to help. With weapons of light the Mythoclast is pretty effective at cleaning up the remaining thrall and knights.

After killing the knights, burn the Sword bearer hard. The bottom should be clear at this point, and the sword carrier (who is level 31) should jump up to Crota at about 25% shield, and use the R2 smash and the super last if you have it. After about two rounds of good hits (one was a 2X), he was down to about 50%.

Rotate if Crota comes over to the left side, and take out ogres as fast as possible. The key seems to be making orbs for a titan to drop weapons, so it's up to everyone else to do this to the thrall below. Maybe wear Crest of Alpha Lupi?

Didn't kill him, but if a bunch of us hit 31 before Sunday, it will look good I think. Friday night might work if enough are 31.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread