Our Ghost didn't even know Rasputin existed (Destiny)

by scarab @, Thursday, December 11, 2014, 23:57 (3455 days ago) @ narcogen

or that any warminds survived.

It's just bad writing. The easiest explanation is that the writers just wrote words and didn't think through the meanings and consequences of those words. They needed to let us know what R was feeling and Eris was the only talking character available to them.

This is the cue for someone here to jump in with a story patch.

Maybe Bungie has a secret plan and it turns out that Eris did more than just have a bad experience with Crota. Maybe she will be further fleshed out and we will find out that she was up to all kinds of secret shenanigans that we don't yet know about. I blame ONI.

But I doubt this is Bungie's plan given the current state of Bungie story telling. I suspect that she is a one function vendor and giver of exposition. She will probab

Waitaminute... what will happen to Eris when the next DLC drops? Does she stay hitched to that railing? If she is replaced then how does anyone buy her obsolete weapons? Would anybody care to?

I imagine that her old stuff could be levelled up but would a 2 colour weapon be wanted if we could get 3 colour auto-switching weapons elsewhere?

Do you think that Bungie would take that final step? to make a rainbow laser? Doesn't that undermine the entire colour based system?

They did introduce duel wielding in h2 so I wouldn't assume that they would hesitate to break the shield colour mechanic. Hey Bungie: just say that plasma breaks all shields and give us a pistol that...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread