Narrative may be the issue. (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, December 12, 2014, 11:47 (3446 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Well-thought.

I still think it's a decent starting point. Nothing got 'broke'. But going forward, I'd say (if it is an intentional factor for Bungie) to veto the notion that the persistent game world needs to make sense with the story missions. Let the story do anything it wants. Keep providing as much flavor they can can with the rest of the game's components like they're doing now, just accept that every instance of the story might not always fit in perfectly.

I mean we already do the same missions over again, that doesn't make sense with the 'postcard' - no one thinks we've actually killed the Nexus forty times do they? Ha! Every Guardian was reborn in the same spot in Old Russia, too. Weird coincidence, huh! :)

So let's have every Guardian watch the same characters die, or the same city burn, or to defeat the ultimate villain. And when we go back to the Tower after finishing the campaign, we can still feel somewhat immersed, even if it feels a little separate form our main narrative.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread