Initial impressions on Crota's End (spoiler free) (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Sunday, December 14, 2014, 08:30 (3431 days ago)

We made it to Crota blind last night and worked out, I think, all of the mechanics of his encounter. We just need to regroup and execute.

- Crota's End is significantly harder than the Vault of Glass.

- The first moments of the Raid were great and I'm glad we went in blind for them. That was exciting and probably the most fun encounter in the Raid.

- The second encounter is a marathon. This is where Crota's End distinctly separates itself from the Vault of Glass in what it demands of players. Remember how people were complaining they couldn't plan and coordinate with Atheon? Well, this encounter is for them. Plan and coordinate your merry little hearts away.

- Pain. Some of these encounters feel like running into a brick wall over and over again. As for going in blind, it was fun to have those eureka moments, realizing how an object works or figuring out why you're all dying. At the same time, I hope that we learn new strategies from the community for these encounters because running this Raid weekly isn't going to be anything like the cakewalk the Vault of Glass is.

- There are vague similarities to the kind of mechanics seen in the Vault of Glass, but nothing felt repeated. It really felt completely fresh.

Good luck, DBO.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread