I barley play crucible, and I do not have this problem. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, December 15, 2014, 06:13 (3430 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I'm working through a new exotic bounty, so I've had to dip into MP to complete it.

I'll give you this: I run into a lot of people using fusion rifles.

But I have zero problems with them.

In fact, my top weapon (according to my b.net stats) is a shotgun. I checked my stats and I'm in the top 5 of my friends. While I'm no KornyMunky in the Crucible, I do pretty well.

I remember all the crybabies in Halo 4 that complained about the boltshot being overpowered- it wasn't.

I remember all the crybabies in Halo 3 complaining about the mauler being overpowered- it wasn't.

Seems like it has something to do with CQB type weapons.

I'd actually argue that if you're getting donked on by FR wielders, they must be pretty good with them because they aren't the easiest guns to use, IMO. Timing is everything with them!

Personally, I actually enjoy watching them stop just before they turn a corner and start to cook their gun because then I can mess with them. It becomes a dance of sorts, I peek out just enough to get them to fire, they miss, I run in and shotgun them ftw. Or, I just shoulder charge into them, which is also great fun as it seems they don't expect that. I've not tried the Titan's sprint-shield, but I bet that would also be effective. It also helps that my preferred shotgun has an incredible range perk :P

Of course, I realize that not everyone runs Titan and therefor doesn't have those options. However, I think people also create their own frustration with this:

You're running around. Dude with a FR kills you. You respawn and another dude kills you with an FR.

You get mad. You respawn. Now you're sprinting around, angry, not playing smart. You keep repeating the same mistake. You throw yourself at the other team, and get destroyed every time. The cycle repeats.

So I get the frustration. It's likely not that FR are OP, dude.

You're probably just getting mad, and giving them kills :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread