Had a scare with my vault storage last week (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 07:32 (3401 days ago)

so i was playing on my main character last week, when i got an invite to do Crota's End. I needed it on another character, so i went to the tower to place items in my vault. I put VoC, Fatebringer, Icebreaker, and Hunger of Crota all in my vault. I then went to orbit, switched to my secondary character and headed back to the tower.

Once in the tower, i picked up my weapons and equipped fatebringer, icebreaker, and hunger. then i went to orbit and joined my friends. while we were waiting on everyone to join, i went to my inventory and noticed that none of the weapons i grabbed from my vault were equipped. I looked through my inventory and fatebringer, icebreaker and hunger were not there. Only VoC was in my inventory. I about had a heart attack, and left the party to check the tower.

When i got back to my vault, all my missing items were there. What i don't understand is that I had grabbed them, and equipped them before going to orbit, yet they vanished and went back to the vault.

I'm guessing that for whatever reason, the weapons didn't sync with the server (even though VoC did).

I always go to orbit myself when using the vault (i don't sign out, join parties, or switch characters while in the tower).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread