The Design of Rewards for Iron Banner - Gripes and Fixes (Destiny)

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 07:27 (3400 days ago) @ Kahzgul

It's a reward to show you're the best of the best at PvP,

No, they're not. A player only needs to win 1 in every 6 team-based games to keep earning rep towards the rank requirements. It is mostly a time gate.

Let me rephrase: It's a reward for doing the closest thing Destiny has to offer that can be considered being the best of the best at PvP because Destiny doesn't offer anything more challenging and also because people bitched about IB back when losers didn't get any IB rep at all.

Better?

Not really. The entire premise is off. Thus the rest of the post...

You can't bash your head against Crota's End and win without getting much better along the way. But you can in IB - though it'll take substantially longer.

The IB gear still has a strong utility to me, personally: I got a set of three 331 snipers last time, armour pieces with different stats, and I'm hoping to get the HC and the level 32 armour piece this time.

What you really seem to want is a different event, that is strongly win- and skill-focused. That is not what IB is, and never was really. Not with the inclusion of level advantages. Perhaps Trials of Osiris would have fit the bill, but that seems to be stuck in development hell...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread