Regarding Hard Mode (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, January 25, 2015, 15:44 (3381 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have heard and read a lot about how some people dislike Hard Mode for being unfairly punishing and hard in the wrong type of way. I have to say, that by looking at how the PS4 DBO people did it, it would seem to be the opposite. You have to figure out a new strategy, use your skills and gear more creatively (such as bubble placement blocking the boomer shots on the sword carrier), and perhaps use weapons and armor you might not have.

Is this a fair assessment? I wish I could have been there figuring that strategy out with you guys, because that looked pretty fun.

From my limited experience with the hard mode boss fight, I'd say I agree with you in terms of the design, but the bugs do add a serious amount of frustration. To have a boss fight that absolutely requires significant amounts of heavy ammo is problematic due to the heavy ammo glitch. I enjoy a super-challenging encounter, I DON'T enjoy feeling robbed by the game. Given how easy it is for your team to wipe, I feel like I'm throwing thousands of glimmer in the toilet when I fight Crota.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread