Question about VoG drops (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 26, 2015, 08:42 (3381 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Just adding to what JD said, there are cases where you might actually be better off running the raid on normal, rather than hard, depending on which weapons/gear you are trying to get.

For example, if you're trying to get a mythoclast, you're better off running it on Hard mode without doing a normal run first. That way, when you beat atheon, you get a double "hard loot" roll. In other words, 2 chances to get a Mythoclast.

On the flip side, you might find yourself in my situation, where the weapons I'm still trying to get are "normal" drops. For me, it's better to do normal first, because that way I have a better chance of getting the normal weapons (since the hard weapons are not in the loot table).

For weeks and weeks, I ran VoG exclusively on Hard mode. So I ended up with multiple fatebringers and mythoclasts, but still don't have a Vision of Confluence, Praeydeth's Timepiece, Praetorian Foil, or Corrective Measure.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread