About that Epilogue (for the Thorn bounty) (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, January 26, 2015, 09:09 (3381 days ago) @ Kermit

Having used...Atheon's Epilogue on the Xbox, I know how useful [it is], and I feel handicapped without [it].

I recently got around to the Thorn bounty, and spent some time getting my epilogue up through perfect balance so it would be useful for crucible. Having finished the bounty, my opinion for those who haven't done it yet and don't play crucible much: don't bother with Atheon's Epilogue. It is a risky way to do that bounty. Play as voidwalker/defender (try not to do this with a hunter if you can help it). Get a void shotgun or fusion rifle, get Truth, and camp heavy weapon spawns. Play selfishly and try not to die. Atheon's Epilogue is just not going to win you enough gun fights; a high stability/impact primary with some range will be more useful to you in terms of staying alive.

If you get a 1.0 k/d in crucible with a void shotty and rocket launcher, you'll make 30 points of progress per game. If you have a corrective measure and want to try that instead, be aware you will probably die to someone else's rocket launcher. Truth will get you the kills and keep you alive, and the shotty will be your best bet for close encounters. Let them come to you. There are ways to do this bounty without an epilogue.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread