Tower Vendors & Faction Rep - What am I missing? (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, January 26, 2015, 09:54 (3381 days ago) @ RC

Pretty much this. It's a path to work towardsfor new gear, especially if you don't run multiple characters. Post expansion I had abotu 6 weeks where most of my friends quit and I wan't running anything higher than the weekly. In hindsight I should have used a lfg tool, but the few times I tried I had little success. Buying vendor equipment gave me a reason to keep running strikes as well as trying out weapons that I didn't have any experience with.

That said, I've probably only spent 3-4 commendations, and those early on. I think I have 5-6 of them sitting in my vault.

On a side note, the PvP commendations are a much higher barrier for me. I've hit rank 5 twice with the iron banner and done a bunch of PvPing for exotic quests and, probably because I've only done 5-10 actual crucible bounties, I'm still not yet rank 3 with the crucible. I put on my dead orbit class item this week and within a day had my first PvP commendation. I've previously to the patch been rank 3 with all the factions, so haven't really had a need to do that. So even if the faction vendors have a bunch of cool items, the fact that I don't PvP regularly rules out them as a real source of upgrades -- for my time, it's much more worth it to run raids and nightfalls for the good stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread