Tower Vendors & Faction Rep - What am I missing? (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 26, 2015, 10:09 (3381 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

On a related note, I wonder if anyone here could explain the appeal of building faction rep? Once again, I see very little point to it. The various factions don't seem to sell gear that is particularly unique or special. Plus, the fact that they only deal with Crucible marks is a big deterrent for me, since I rarely play the crucible.

Am I way off here? Is there more to the vendors than I realize? Or are they actually as useless as I think they are?

I rep dead orbit because I want their shaders and faction ship. Other than that, there's not much else I want from them. Their hand cannon and machine gun are nice with the right rolls.

New Monarchy has one of the best auto rifles in the game currently so that's nice to buy.

What I did when I first started was to build up to rank 3 on all factions (DO, NW, FWC, Vanguard, Crucible). This way I can buy whatever I want from any of them with my main character and then pass stuff around if needed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread