Soloing the bridge in hard mode is so much FUN! (Destiny)

by DreadPirateWes, Monday, January 26, 2015, 12:17 (3381 days ago)

Why is it so much fun? Because every other single player activity in Destiny is easy.

Soloing the bridge is like a punishing NES platformer. Make the slightest mistake? Die. Figuring out the strategy and slowly getting better and better executing is very rewarding. I've spent about 10 hours perfecting my hunter method, have unsuccessfully run it 50+ times, but am not sweating reset... I got this tonight for sure!

Deaths:

*Extra painful deaths (having already completed the swinging-sword jump and killed many of the adds on the other side)

I haven't shared my exact strategy because developing it has been 3/4 of the fun (I watched pre/post patch, NM/HM videos and took bits that suited my character). Know that it can be done and figure out how your character can do it!

Couple tips/comments:
1. If you're going to sword-swing jump, despawning thralls is a waste of time. Using 2-3 minutes despawning adds up when it might take you 50 runs.
2. You don't have to sword-swing jump. You can solo create the bridge.
3. The in-game rewards for this are not worth the effort. The journey is the reward here.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread