Following up (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:20 (3372 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So the PS4 crew beat Crota last night. We used a hybrid method combining the center window strategy with the "right tower during ogres" strategy.

A few points about the experience:

* We were very lucky in terms of avoiding any bugs. Nothing crazy or unpredictable happened.
* Without getting wiped by random bugs, this encounter is in fact a lot of fun.
* Every time we wiped, it felt like it was our fault. When we succeeded, it felt like we had won (rather than simply lucking our way through)

As a reward, I got the Scout Rifle. So far, I'm liking it a lot. Might even replace Fatebringer as my go-to primary.

My takeaway from last night is that the Crota hard mode fight CAN be a great amount of fun. If Bungie can eliminate at least some of the bugs from the encounter, it will make a big difference.

Your old strategy involving 3 downs might still be feasible if we are feeling risky and you have me as a blade dancer and a sword carrier. It is much much easier to get 4 smashes in when you can wait next to Crota invisible, so you can have some wiggle room, or at least always get 3.

Franky Cyber is amazing for doing it without stealth!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread