My First Montage - Feedback (Destiny)

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Sunday, February 01, 2015, 11:39 (3374 days ago) @ Ensley1121

First of all, welcome!

I'd normally say that the intro was a little long, but I didn't actually mind it. It fit the theme of the music for me, personally. The editing was fairly good, especially with it being your first. A person can have the best snippets of action in the world, but editing them together poorly will kill the video. Syncing it with the emotion of the music was decent, too. That you pretty much saved the "OH SHI-" ones for when the music got heavy was a good choice.

I'd like to mention your lead-in time before the action. There are a couple of hiccups (forgivable for me due to how it worked with the music) but for the most part you give enough lead-in for the audience to get a grip on the change of scene without it being jarring. I see this a lot where people don't include enough, or stretch it out far too long. You also vary how long it is instead of being just one set amount of time -- I really, really like that, as it keeps the video from feeling formulatic and helps to keep anticipation high.

Also, waving goodbye to the bubble guy? CLASSY.

All in all, I enjoyed it a lot.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread