Here's an idea (regarding armor upgrades) (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 16:23 (3377 days ago) @ dogcow

What if Radiant Shards were a material that could be used to upgrade ANY PIECE of legendary armor to increase it's light level? That way, we as players could choose which pieces of armor we upgrade to bring us up to 32. Raid armor could still be a thing; just give it the same light rating as other legendary armor. The bonus perks would still provide incentive for players to use raid armor during the raids, but we wouldn't be trapped within that specific set.

Let me make sure I'm understanding your idea correctly. Regular gear would use Ascendant Shards to hit their 'max' (currently 33 light/level 31), and then from there you would use Radiant Shards (obtained from any raid?) to take them beyond to current level cap (36 light/level 32). Raid gear would only take Radiant Shards to hit their max (36 light/level32).

Would I be able to take regular gear forward again to the next level cap with House of Wolves? How about my Crota Raid gear?

ok, upon re-reading it looks like my understanding was incorrect. Raid armor would have the same light rating as other legendary armor? what exactly is its current upgrade path? how about after the level cap is raised?

I think I like my misunderstanding better. ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread