My Rerolls plus an impromptu review (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 14:26 (3362 days ago) @ unoudid

I'm beyond excited that I just got my dream reroll on Efirdeet's Spear (in only 4 attempts)

Solar (wish it was void)
Ambush SLH25 scope
Spray and Play
Snapshot/Armor Piercing Rounds
Final Round

I can not be happier with that roll!

What has been your best rolls on IB weapons?

I spent an unreasonable amount of motes last IB on my efrideets spear. I really was looking for a solar sniper to replace my "The Supremacy", which was an amazing sniper I used all the time, up until I bought an LDR. (Note that The Supremacy has almost identical stats to the LDR, but caps out at 300, which is an obvious disadvantage) The goal here was armor piercing rounds, solar and "good perks". I got a lot of good rolls that were hard to pass on that were not solar... Here's what I finally settled with:

- Solar
- Ambush SLH25 (also Longview SLR10 and Sightsys SLS20, but ambus is much better I think)
- Spray and play
- Armor Piercing Rounds (also High Caliber rounds and custom optics... what does custom optics even do anyway?)
- Clown Cartridge

I really like it overall. The rate of fire is slightly lower than desired (I could get 4 shots off with an LDR in the time I can get 3 off with this gun), which is the major drawback. It does have better impact and spray and pray + clown cartridge goes a long way to mitigate the 3 round clip. Overall it's good for things like the nexus fight and atheon where you're not dancing much and can really shoot it over and over. The clip size is more of a liability in fights like winter's run where you want to pound that guy in the head over and over, or the swordbearer while fighting crota, to keep them more stationary.

It's good, situationally it's better than a purchased LDR because of the loadout, but a randomly rolled LDR with these perks would be overall a better gun.

Note that I'm keeping my "The supremacy" around on the (very slim) chance that I'll be able to upgrade it once the queen's bounty event returns.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread