Easy fix for Black Hammer / Word of Crota (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, February 22, 2015, 12:01 (3357 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Sunday, February 22, 2015, 12:05

Bungie has two options, one really easy, the other harder but keeping the same systems.

In case you don't know, the problem with the current system is that the extra damage from disruptor perks manifests itself as a separate source of damage. So, you'd fire, and hit a hive major, and your gun would do damage, then additional damage would appear as a separate source, similar to how explosive rounds deals damage + explosive damage. One shot, two numbers.

The problem with Word of Crota and Black Hammer, is that their good perks activate on stringing critical hits. But you can;t string them, because the bonus damage is white, and interrupts the streak.

Easiest fix: Have Hive and Oracle Disruptor perks simply apply a percentage modifier to damage. I know the game can do this, because it applies a 300% modifier when burns are on. Easy fix. There's no need for separate damage sources; you can simply have the gun do 150% (or whatever it is) damage against Hive Majors.

Easy fix: Disruptor damage should not be assigned to the player. Your team mate's getting a body shot doesn't interrupt your headshot streak, because the damage isn't yours. Have disruptor damage come from a source other than your player. The only downside is that you may not get credit if the disruptor damage kills, so in that case just pass the kill credit on to the player.

What's so hard about doing the % modifier fix? You already have code to do it. I'm continually astounded as to the slowness with which Bungie fixes their bugs. I thought you guys were world class.

And we still can't skip cutscenes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread