Also… (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, February 22, 2015, 14:22 (3357 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't have or care about it really, but what is so good/bad about it anyway?

Solar Damage. Highest impact sniper in the game. Excellent stability. Get 3 critical hits in a row, and the mag instantly refills. You easily have infinite ammo against Hive Knights, or bosses like Archon Priest, Sepkis, Devil Walker, etc. The only downside is 3 shots per mag, and 15 shots total.

It has a very slow firing rate and cannot crit against shields (this is normal, but prevents White Nail from proc'ing, causing you to reload all the time). Coupled with the exceptionally shallow mag and low reserve ammo, it's fairly weak against wizards, captains, or anything that's shielded and/or moves quickly. I.e., the stuff I usually use a sniper against.

I was excited to get Black Hammer because of all the noise around it, but after using it for a while, I'm firmly in the "meh" camp about it. It certainly has its uses and can be ridiculously overpowered at times, but it's definitely not in my top-3 list for go-to snipers (that's Icebreaker, LDR-5001, and Praedyth's Revenge).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread