Why auto-renew when you can get it for <$40? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 13, 2015, 21:43 (3338 days ago) @ nash

I'm not sure why; it had my credit card info and had always previously auto-renewed, but I just now had to go purchase it manually.

Guess I should have checked that sooner, but this is my first issue with it in 10 years.

The last 13 months were paid for with two prepaid codes -- maybe that could have thrown the auto renewal off??

I had the exact opposite experience. I removed all of the data that I could, and made sure that the auto-renew (which turns on by itself all the time, annoyingly enough) was off, cashed in a three-month code for Classic Customs in Reach, then let it die... Only to get charged a year's worth of Gold thanks to the auto-renew flipping itself back on again...

Anyway, got my money back (and got to keep the year for free), but I don't know why Auto-renew could turn itself off for you. You'd think they'd do everything in their power to keep ripping you off, considering you can get great deals on Gold online... (Like them on Facebook for a bit extra off on that deal).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread