On the XBO bumpers (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 13, 2015, 23:07 (3338 days ago) @ breitzen

What seems to be everyone's problem with them? I haven't had any issues, it fits comfortably in my hands and the bumpers are super easy to get too. Am I just missing something? lol

Part of the problem is that they're designed to be pressed in a different manner than all other bumpers ever. If you're not doing the awkward twisting to hit them, you have to click them in, and they're annoyingly stiff and weirdly shaped, because like all other aspects of the controller, they seem to have been designed by one guy who wanted you to use it his way or the highway. Apart from being unnecessarily large, they're worse than every other shoulder button ever (gamecube controller is up there, though), when they were pretty much perfect on the 360. I think another problem is that they wanted to have a flush design, so they're all up on the trigger and the oversized Guide region, which again goes back to the "you have to use it this way" problem that forces people with different sized hands and playstyles to adapt to a less-than-ideal way to play...

it angers me to have to use them... I dunno, but I'm not the only one... I wish they released an alternate design, but maybe once Mad Catz is able to make XBone Controllers we'll see what's up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread