On the XBO bumpers (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 13, 2015, 23:44 (3338 days ago) @ breitzen

What seems to be everyone's problem with them? I haven't had any issues, it fits comfortably in my hands and the bumpers are super easy to get too. Am I just missing something? lol

On most controllers with bumpers, the bumper buttons themselves can be pressed just about anywhere across the surface of the button and respond nicely. On the XBO, the bumpers only work if you press down on the outer edge of the button. If your finger naturally lands there, no problem. But if your finger rests towards the middle or inner edge of the button, they don't click or respond properly. They're designed to "swing" up and down like a small door, pivoting from the inner edge. All other bumpers work like a normal button: straight up or down.

It makes things really frustrating if your fingers don't naturally land on the sweet spot. I don't understand why they would make such a large button if most of the surface of the button doesn't work.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread