So is Halo officially dead yet? (Off-Topic)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, March 27, 2015, 11:54 (3318 days ago) @ ZackDark

also I forgot my hbo password :p

Heh

I quite like the potential of the whole "Traitor" thing.

Really?

For me it sounds like a "jumping the shark" moment.

Halo has always been a bit odd about its main character. Not as secretive as Marathon was, but the chief was taciturn and resolute-- brave, but without the kind of swagger that defines characters in other military shooters or in franchises like Gears of War.

Military politics was not, I think, something the Halo series did well. It was kept entirely out of the main sequence of games, and featured prominently only in the books and other materials, which are not as good examples of those forms as Halo is as a video game. I find them mostly superfluous.

Accusations that the chief's collaboration (sort of) with the Arbiter might have somehow constituted treason might be something interesting to explore, but I don't think they're going that route when the first thing we see is Agent Locke (ugh) trying to find the Chief... by asking the Arbiter.

(Also, WTF is up with that hat, seriously. I really hated what Halo Wars' elite designs did to the franchise, and since Reach it really seems as if that aesthetic took over almost entirely. I've also played only a bit of MCC and I'm not liking the reworked art for Halo 2 any more than I did with Halo 1.

And now the future of the franchise is free to play Halo in Russia by Sabre. This I think was probably a good idea five years ago, but I think they may be too late with it now. Halo in the region went right past being something nobody knew about to being something old they've forgotten about.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread