My new favorite gun (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 06, 2015, 12:21 (3310 days ago)

I scored a B-Line Trauma from a random drop a couple weeks ago. I'm a fan of Scout Rifles, but I tend to prefer the slower firing/hard hitting archetype (I have 2 Gheleon's Demise with firefly, which is just perfect for me). Looking at my new B-Line, I was about to scrap it. But I decided to hang on to it; it has a high rate of fire, great stability, quick reloads, and 3rd eye. I figured it might make a good PvP weapon, if nothing else.

Then, yesterday I realized it also has Explosive Rounds. Ooooooooh baby!

This thing is an absolute beast. Cody often makes a great point about hand cannons: one of the reasons they are so good is that you can break from cover, kill an enemy in 1 or 2 pulls of the trigger, then get back to cover. ARs or PRS require you to remain in the open, exposed to incoming fire, because you need to land continued sustained hits on a target to kill them. Hand Cannons are slower to fire and reload, but they reduce incoming fire way more efficiently.

This B-Line achieves the same thing, but in the opposite way. With the high RoF and Explosive Rounds, you can lay down a wall of suppressive fire that staggers every enemy you hit. I can just pan my crosshair along a group of enemies, and in under 1 second I've stopped them all from shooting at me. If anything is still standing after my first sweep across, I pan back, firing the whole time.

Long story short, high RoF Scout Rifle with Explosive Rounds is a fantastic combination. Makes me wish there was an Auto Rifle with similar properties :D

Oh, and I just noticed that the ANitC that's been sitting unused in my vault for a month has Rodeo, Explosive Rounds, AND Firefly. Can't wait to try that one out ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread