This guy gets it... (Off-Topic)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, April 18, 2015, 15:43 (3301 days ago) @ Kermit

Permanently being someone is NOT good character development.

I think you're misunderstanding me, I'm not arguing that he was or should've been the same throughout, I was saying that I don't think he was or should've been someone who would kill someone without an absolute need before and after all that happens to him.

This static view of characters informs several key "revisions" to the mythology, from the Greedo crap (Greedo didn't shoot at all in the original--we're not talking about a few frames)

Huh, I didn't know that. I originally saw it on VHS before the prequels or even the special editions, so I figured what I was seeing was the original, other than the added title and episode number in the opening crawl.

to the Midi-chlorian malarkey,

I don't know why people get so up in arms about that. To me it's like being mad electricity is technology and not magic-- it still works the same way and it's still cool.

the movies became more about WHAT people were rather than what they could BECOME. That's one reason why the first few movies were so inspirational, and the last ones mostly stunk.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread