This guy gets it... (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 20, 2015, 17:40 (3299 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Permanently being someone is NOT good character development.

I think you're misunderstanding me, I'm not arguing that he was or should've been the same throughout, I was saying that I don't think he was or should've been someone who would kill someone without an absolute need before and after all that happens to him.

I see little difference between saying someone is permanently a certain way and saying they are the same before and after.

I'm not arguing that. I was trying to say, I'm pretty OK with him changing, and I just would prefer that he be the kind of person that wouldn't kill if he doesn't have to.

YOU DON'T GET IT. He is that kind of person. In this situation, he had to shoot first or he would be dead.

I'm not... I don't... whatever, I don't care any more.

Do you remember what you saw at this point? Look it up on Youtube.

To be quite honest, I haven't watched the movies in a long time, it's hard to find like 6 hours to sit and watch them (or even 2 hours to watch one of them). Apparently what I saw wasn't as original as I thought anyway (and to continue being honest, I didn't know the subtitle and episode number weren't always there until some years after I first watched the first movie).

Who asked you to spend hours?

No one. I want to sit and watch the movie, probably all of them. That's not related to you saying I should look it up on YouTube. (I know, I did it again, I said something that looks related and didn't address the thing it's similar to to make myself clear, I apologize.)

It takes a little over a minute. Again, Greedo never got a shot off. HAN SHOT FIRST TO SAVE HIS OWN LIFE.

remember when you said the argument was dumb?

George Lucas' argument was dumb, and you took it up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread