Great in theory- I dislike it. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 23, 2015, 14:43 (3320 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Ooooh, that reminded me of my Firefly + Explosive Rounds ANitC. Such a great combo of perks on a scout rifle :)

I've got that same gun with those same perks, and I find that explosive rounds tend to interfere with triggering firefly, especially when I WANT it to. Explosive rounds messes with my head shot count :P

I play around with turning one off over the other and it handles much better IMO.

They do mess with Firefly a bit, but I find it's still worth using explosive rounds for a few reasons:

* They seem to take down enemy shields more quickly
* They cause serious bonus damage against certain enemies (vex in particular)
* They cause a small amount of splash damage with every shot which can stagger multiple weaker enemies

Plus, you can actually work around the interference. The trick is that your ballistic damage needs to be what kills the enemy in order to trigger firefly, not the explosive bonus damage. So if you plan your shots a little more carefully, you can ping a bunch of targets with body shots, staggering them and making them easier to hit, then follow up with a headshot or 2 to trigger firefly (which will work now that the enemies have been damaged), plus the resulting explosion(s) now have a greater chance of finishing off any nearby enemies since they've all been softened up by the explosive rounds :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread