Do the special ammo changes bring back First Light? (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:29 (3296 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So First Light and the Citadel (Mars) map were moved to Combined arms due to the sniper abuse going on.

Is that really what it was? People being dumb? Come on. You could move through the interiors of those maps and never have a sniper touch you. If you don't want to get sniped, don't take the outside ways from place to place!

Snipers were obviously good on both maps, but never game breakingly so in my experience.

I don't think those maps being removed from Control/Clash had anything to do with sniper abuse. I certainly don't remember Bungie saying anything that could be understood to even imply that was the reason.

Players were complaining that those maps came up too frequently in the rotation. Players also talked a lot about how there was no reason to go into the Combined Arms playlist because those same maps were in Control and Clash already (with no differences between the Combined Arms version). I have always thought that the main reason they were taken out of the normal playlists is because Bungie wanted to highlight Combined Arms as a vehicle playlist, so they pulled the vehicle maps out of the other playlists.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread