Holy sh*t (Fan Creations)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 15:35 (3283 days ago) @ Korny

Either way, in my experience, being able to counter a Defender is a rare occurrence. The only way to counter it is with specific supers, and that makes it unique (and some would say overpowered) among supers. You don't become a helplessly stationary target, you become a wall that few things can topple. I can't tell you how many times I've run in, meleed and shotgunned the Titan facing away without even denting his shields, only to have him turn around and blow me away. Heck, I've stuck them with grenades, and that's not enough to pop their armor shield...

That's because it is a Super. Its job is to let them beat you. What class do you play? You talked about using Nova Bomb. Do you complain when you kill an enemy with your Nova Bomb? Would you like it if I dreamt up a piece of armor that always caused your Nova Bombs to reflect straight back at you or something?

And the argument used most is "they're defenseless while inside!", but most times that I see a bubble, I see enemies protecting it, or poking their head out for a second to snipe, rocket, grenade, Thorn, or MG anyone approaching. With Armor, it's nigh impossible to kill a group inside a Bubble, so what if someone could rush in and sacrifice themselves to bring down the bubble and potentially the enemy team?

Again, you're arguing against the entire point of the Ward of Dawn. It's job is to make one or more enemies a danger to you for a limited amount of time. But in return, they are, for the most part, limited to projecting that danger to a fairly small piece of the map and are a big glowing target for anyone with the appropriate Super, of which every Class has at least one.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread