Gunslingers don't care (Fan Creations)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 18:36 (3282 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yes, I agree.

The whole point of a super is that it overpowered! This is balanced out by everybody else having supers, and it being of limited use. The only thing that should counter a super is another super, or just a really great play of some sort.

Remember the old "shotgun to the face" quote? Bungie never intended for Supers to ONLY be vulnerable to other Supers. How many times have you seen a Gunslinger brought down by small arms when activating their super? How many times has Radiance been met with a shotgun blast? Supers are meant to be countered by skill and a pinch of luck, not just another Super.

This doesn't really do anything worthwhile. If a titan panic smashes you, that's a win for your team, since he only killed one person with the super. If he dies, that doesn't change much. If the titan smashes 4 people at the heavy ammo box and dies due to this, they win because they denied you your heavy ammo.

So you bounce from it being OP to it being pointless? Well okay then...

Also, this makes gunslingers even more OP. Who cares if you explode if I'm golden gunning you from far away? This exotic is punishing the 'weakest' supers.

Not affecting significantly doesn't automagicaly grant it more strength. Besides, all Supers (besides Defender) have a range variant of their attack. Voidwalkers have Lance, Titans and Blade Dancers have a Wave-based variant, and Warlocks have the Radiance grenades. Heck, the Defenders have Suppression grenades that can nullify abilities, so they can STILL negate supers against their bubbles. What if Suppression grenades could disable the explosion (EMP style)? That would add value to an underused grenade... Heck, if anything, a Defender with this chest would be even MORE powerful, because then you really wouldn't want to approach their bubble!

But back to Gunslinger: I've GG'd people at very close range, and if nothing else, you risk getting a teammate killed if you decide to kill an enemy that's too close to your teammate. You wouldn't like more variety and need for tactical observation in the game?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread