Disk version for Xbone is also $30... (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 14:53 (3298 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Dude, it took me 15 seconds to find a copy.

Someone, ffs, find a way to get that to me. (See, another massively positive point in digital distribution: I'm not limited by physical shipping rates/laws.)

As someone who spent a good portion of time living in a different hemisphere, I can tell you with a good amount of authority that this statement is plainly false. Digital region-locking caused me endless headaches.

In the past 5 years, I've lived in 3 different regions, and the biggest issues I've had were with physical disks. With digital, I've been able to move around and transfer licenses and do whatever. I have a copy of Mirror's Edge that I'll probably never play because by the time I played it, the US 360 I bought it for, was gone. If I bought it digitally, I would have been able to play it.

You make a lot of assumptions:

http://wccftech.com/microsoft-quietly-regionlocks-digital-xbox-games-dlc-error-code0x87de07d1-reported/

-----------------------------

To follow up on my earlier point, I tried to acquire the free digital copy of Halo 3 that was currently available on games-with-gold while I was working in New Zealand.

Microsoft was having none of that.

I literally had to contact my sister, who was living here in Canada, and have her sign-in as me on the website and make the transaction for me. Aside from creating a brand new account (which was what Microsoft's Customer Service recommended), that was my only solution.

So don't try to sell me on this "Digital-games-don't-have-region-locking" BS.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread