I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 18:00 (3292 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

If you're looking for modern vehicles with guns, then yeah... there probably should be more. We can see the big guns on the back of the Tower through the windows of the Vanguard meeting room, and the missiles hanging in the Hanger area, and the guns or missiles on Jumpships... but that's about it.

If you're looking for pre-collapse weaponry then I think Destiny has it right, as is. What we know about the war is that Humanity itself had things like powerful orbital defense satellites, Light based weaponry, antimatter bombs, and the aid of an object or creature powerful enough to terraform the solar system and reverse death. Our enemies, too, seem to have similar weaponry and some of them seem to either travel between or exist in multiple dimensions. Plus they too were aided by a force who's true power we can only blindly guess at.

Once your weaponry moves into the realm of scifi it tends to not leave much standing when you win a battle... and we (very nearly) lost! Our losing in an extinction scenario would seem to have seen most of our military hardware destroyed. What little would have been left could easily have been picked apart or just simply disgarded by the various races who have taken over our solar system. The Fallen would probably salvage everything of value, for instance.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread