I prefer fewer vehicles with guns. (Destiny)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 23:09 (3292 days ago) @ Funkmon

I don't get on the pikes. I don't get on those weird Mars vehicles. I skip the gauss hog in Metropolis. Vehicles, to me, are more fun when they are just vehicles.

Our opinions differ here. I really do enjoy Destiny's (and Halo's) vanilla gameplay, but vehicles are (usually) a fun diversion. I really missed the lack of vehicular gameplay in Destiny's PvE. Personally I really enjoy the Pikes, the Interceptors can be fun in PvP, but I do typically skip them in PvE due to their low-yield weapons and abysmal fire rate.

If there were segments of game in which enemies drove vehicles I think I'd be more tempted to pilot them myself.

However, you know the Anchor of Light and how on one of the early Moon story missions you can pilot a Pike around that area before abandoning it to go on foot to the Temple of Crota? Well, somebody did that the other day, leaving a Pike in the AoL for me to grab while I was running around doing patrol stuff. I tell you what, that was some of the most lop-sided fun I've had in Destiny to date. I basically had a nimble gun platform sporting infinite heavy ammo that I was able to just destroy with. You haven't played Destiny until you've done public events while riding a Pike.

So much fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread