Playing Destiny on Xbone (Part 2)... (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 15, 2015, 19:25 (3290 days ago) @ Korny

-Anyone that went from playing it on the 360 to the One, or who jumps from PS4 to One, do you notice any oddness in looking around? For me it feels momentarily sluggish combined with a slight acceleration once I hold it down all the way. Makes my movements jerkier than they should be (and I have a bit of a tough time switching quickly between enemies). This didn't happen to me on the 360 version.

Not really. If anything, I feel like I look and move slower on the 360 - more due to the sticks actually being physically stiffer on the 360 than a difference in their response at a given position, I think. However, you're not the first person I've heard say that, so there might be something to it. I just haven't noticed it.

- The bumpers. Oh God, the Bumpers... I'd say that I successfully pull off a super about 30% of the time that I hit them (usually I just throw a grenade or melee instead). I tried using other schemes (I usually go Puppeteer), but all of them assign a vital move to the bumpers, which kills me. I've tried getting used to the stiffness by using them "as intended", but that just makes me end up looking down, usually botching anything (grenade, melee, Super). How did you guys get around that?

Git gud, son.

Seriously though... I dunno. Objectively speaking, the bumpers are stiffer on the XBone than the 360, but it never really bothered me. In Destiny or elsewhere.

I'd guess that you probably have more difficulty having played Destiny so much on PS4. It has to be a bigger difference coming from that than from the 360. I mean, I'm sure you've played on 360, but probably not the majority of your time. It also doesn't sound like you've played much OTHER than Destiny on the Bone. I wonder if you'd have as much trouble with games you hadn't first played a bunch on PS4?

-Having to use my left thumb to pull up my ghost/sparrow is really annoying, but I know that nothing can be done about that; minor nitpick. Do you other PS folk feel the same way, or wat?

TBH I kinda feel like this would have been the place for Kinect integration, if they'd had the time to do any. I know you don't use it, but still. Being able to say "go to orbit" or "go to X planet," etc. could be nice if done well.

Forza Horizon 2 has a pretty slick voice-activated GPS that works very well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread