Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, May 24, 2015, 16:56 (3259 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Okay, so both of these are leveled end-game PvP events. Yet in IB I do well, and (so far) in ToO I do quite poorly.

I'm wondering about everyone's thoughts as to why this is? So far the only thing I can think of is the fact that ToO is elimination, whereas IB is regular score-based gameplay.

It sounds like most people have at least experienced crushing defeat in ToO once or twice. Anyone care to sound off on their experiences/opinions on the game type?

Mine is: When it's good, it's great. When it's bad, it's one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had. Ever.

I have yet to win so I don't know the good side. But crushing defeat is very disappointing. I too have done well in IB and crucible overall, at least in terms of K/D. My average score per game is low, although I have played a good bit of skirmish. But Even looking at control stats my average score is around 2k/game. That in turn means my win % is low too. Around 40%. I think this is because my playstyle is medium to long range, and I rarely push. I'm more defender than attacker, because I get murdered up close.

This is why I thought ToO would be better since its more k/d based. But I suppose my nervousness didn't allow me to play to my peak. It's amazing how crazy it feels knowing that when you're down, you're DOWN.

I also think that since its not matchmaking based on skill, it really shows your skill difference and how well the matching in Crucible is. I know I'm not that great, but merely average. And I think most people playing (ToO) are better than average. I just didn't expect to get crushed.

I'm gonna keep playing and I'm gonna get better. I may not make it to the tower in Mercury, but I'll try each weekend. I'd also like to get a somewhat dedicated ToO team together to maybe practice on Skirmish during the week before jumping in to ToO. I think I play better with some players that others.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread