Marmot's Mega Post (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 17:25 (3231 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Hey DBO

I've been in the process of a move for the past few weeks. As a result, I didn't have internet, and it will be a few weeks before the movers show up with my TV at my new place. My PS4 is sitting at my friends' apartment so my playtime is limited.

On Monday, I hopped on Destiny for the first time in roughly 20 days. Here are some of my thoughts.

• HoW: I got a chance to binge on the content back in May when it came out. Overall I like it a lot, particularly the story missions and the Queen's Bounties. Has anyone flip-flopped on their opinion? Those who liked it now don't, or vice versa?

I love it. I mean story could still be better but definitely an improvement and the added content like Trials of Osiris is dope.

[*]Keys: Does each guardian get one key for the first Queen's Bounty fulfilled per week? I may be wrong, but I think only my first guardian got a key this week. So, is it the first bounty key reward per player, or per character?

One key per character each week. So if you do 1 Petra mission on each character you will get 3 keys that week.

[*]Keys, con't: I finally got my first key drop from a small PoE chest.
[*]Expansion II weapons: What are people's favorite weapons from this expansion? I find myself running out of vault & character weapon space as well as weapon parts, so I want to start breaking stuff down. I'm looking for picks on HMGs, ARs, FRs, and shotguns mainly. If you want to give me some re-roll perk advice I'd take that too--I'm mostly a PVE guy.
[*]Limited Time: When I booted back up, I was surprised at the wealth of options facing me. Iron Banner, Bounties, Queen Bounties, PoE, Nightfall, Weekly Strikes, Raids... If you have limited time per week, what are the activities you prioritize? I like running the Nightfall for a variety of reasons (fun, possible exotic rewards, burns, XP bonus) but beyond that there are tons of choices.
[*]The Notorious Red Bull Quest: Is this content available now, or is it unlocked when TTK gets released? I was a little confused since the codes are available now.
[*]Seattle: I live in Seattle now! I got a place in Ballard. I brought the southeast heat with me, apparently. If any Seattle DBO'ers ever want to hang out, let me know.
[*]PAX2015: I am not attending PAX this year but I am hereby requesting to be included in any sweet HBO/DBO/Secret Bungie events taking place at PAX 2015.
[/list]

Look forward to seeing you back!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread