I wouldn't say no to the variety though (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 14:45 (3239 days ago) @ Kermit

I guess I shouldn't begrudge the option. The question in my head, though, is: is Destiny without supers Destiny?

To me I feel the same as I did about MLG in Halo 3 - pared down, but mechanically familiar. It was still Halo, it felt like Halo, but by controlling variables it made the game more consistent and yes, more traditionally competitive. Not everyone wants that, obviously, and I'm a major proponent of videogames for fun first, don't get me wrong. Rockets on Prisoner 4eva.

But I really enjoyed MLG. It was the great gunplay and movement of Halo, but with a totally different style of play. They felt different enough to be different gametypes, in the same way that Elimination is so similar but so different to ToO. If you can take the existing gametypes and double the number just by adding some constraints, I say go for it.

Not everyone will like them, but not everyone likes Control, or Rumble. Options are always good, so long as you're not oversaturated.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread