I can't replay that LAX tournament from high school... (Off-Topic)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 12:02 (3227 days ago) @ Mad_Stylus
edited by kidtsunami, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 12:11

I appreciate having the opportunity to replay old games except the funny thing is the way I've done that recently has been through remakes/re-releases of those games.

Additionally there are tons of experiences we pay for that are ephemeral regardless of whether they are "always on". I'll never be able to recreate friends coming over after school for Smash Bros tournaments on the N64, no matter how many copies of Smash Brothers I have along with aging N64s. It happened, it was awesome, it's a great memory, it's done.

I think when Bungie said that it is a shared world, everyone should understand that this is a show that Bungie is putting on (and pretty damn well I think) and that at some point the show will end. Maybe they'll put on another show, maybe there will be so many other games in the world to play that trying to play a lifeless version of Destiny will be very low on your priority list. I mean if you have XBL Gold or PS+, you get FREE games every month. I don't know why people aren't wringing their hands more over how massive their backlog is.

Though, I would appreciate it if companies sunsetting an online game would at least pass off their server code to a video game museum so at the very least the museum could spin up an instance of Destiny.

**Wow this video guy is super obnoxious**

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread