Definitely not just you. (Off-Topic)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 03:51 (3215 days ago) @ narcogen

In my quest to watch all of Star Trek in story-order during the last few years (I had only seen random episodes and films growing up), getting to The Motion Picture was a big highlight! I had only seen glimpses of it before.

Wrath of Khan is a better action-adventure film, sure, but it's lighter on the sci-fi and feels smaller, less grand, especially since it lost that epic music theme and replaced the great costumes of TMP with ugly red sweaters and turtlenecks.

Not just you, although I also like WoK quite a bit, and I acknowledge that the red uniforms are way too military-like for the universe Roddenberry imagined.

My wife was not raised in a remotely trek environment (reference any post I've made about my inlaws), and when I watched WoK with her to prep her for the new Into Darkness flick, she was so thrown out of the film by Montalbon's sweaty chest she made me stop the film half way through.

She was, of course, depressingly enthralled with Cumberbatch in STID.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread