Which PvP maps to you love/hate, and why? (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, August 03, 2015, 23:09 (3182 days ago) @ CyberKN

Well, let's just say there's a reason Bungie lowered the weighting of Blind Watch.

This is my idea for spawns/flags on Blind Watch. I think it would work better and B could be adjusted so that the time to get from C to B and A to B are the same. Now instead of being able to hold the doors with snipers and shotties to keep A out of B, B is on the outside under the overhang. So you could attack straight on, or get on the roof and drop down behind the team. And while snipers would still be deadly, it is much more of an open alley. Heavies could probably stay where they are at, but I hate the A heavy in that stupid merri-go-round. I always bork that jump and end up in the basement under it.

[image]

It's interesting to see how game-types can influence my perception of a map's quality. I actually liked Blind Watch quite a bit at first- the rotating windows on the windwheel thing, the verticality of it... And then Iron Banner rolled around, and it dropped to the bottom of my list. I've been trying to figure out a balanced place to put "B" flag, but there's just no suitable location in the middle of the map without major geometry changes (IMO).

I could go on, but I made this topic because I'm way more interested in what other people have to say. Which PvP maps to you love/hate, and why? What changes would you make to them?

I think my favorite map is Anomaly. I'm a hang back and pop shots kinda guy, so the catwalk across from B is my home. I really think that is the trick to the map, holding that area. If you control that, you can control B. A and C seem to be fairly equal. I also like that while it has moving Geometry, it doesn't get in the way. Burning Shrine on the other hand. I hate those rotating doors, especially in trials. Seems like just as I'm about to get that final shot, they get in my way and give my enemy time to recover. I'm also not a big fan of doors that open and close. 1. They give away your immediate location, 2. If you are a little laggy, you have to wait for them to open, 3. Don't know what three is, but it's there. :)

I also really like Shores of Time, but it too fails in flag placement. It is one of the few maps where you can almost cover two points from one position. Smart teams simply Cap B and C and just watch for the enemy approach. If they moved B just to the other side of the jump to the platform it's on and adjusted the spawns it would be better.

[image]

I wish they would put all the maps in the Control playlist. I'd like to have more options without limiting myself to 2 or 3 big maps only.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread