On the subject of spoilers (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 13:36 (3195 days ago)

A thought had been running around in my head about spoilers for the past few weeks and i've seen the idea pop up in a few places in the past week or so. All of the information that came out about the House of Wolves was interesting, but it left precious little to explore and discover once the game came out. I'd rather not repeat that part of the experience.

BUT, I do want to participate in DBO and the excitement of the new game information and learn information about the current game. I've fallen like 2 pages behind on DBO threads in part because I'm not sure what I'll find out or see if I click on the thread.

AND I don't want to rain on anyone's parade or have a chilling effect on people who want to talk about all of the information that they can find about TTK.

SO I was considering some stuff like a spoilers tag (the sworn enemy of the speculation tag?) but I don't even think we could expect to agree on what should and should not go there.

I think spoilers are anything that is in-game footage or stills from the PvE portion of the game; plot descriptions or events (beyond the general plot outline we got at E3, but possibly that only because I already know it); Casting; streaming video of gameplay and environments.

I think spoilers are not anything from the Crucible; anything that does not relate to the plot or narrative; anything that concerns gear or mechanics of the game; concept art or rendering…to a point.

What are your thoughts, fellow DBOer? What is a spoiler? What should we do about it?

(Really, I just want some way of knowing what is inside a link before I click on it, without ever learning what is inside it if it is something I don't want to know. I don't see why this logical contradiction involving clairvoyance is so much to ask.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread