On the subject of spoilers (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 21:15 (3195 days ago) @ Vortech

you really don't mind finding out about the rewards (gear/weapons) for completing the PvE content? a surprise new weapon type drop at the end of a mission would be a big spoiler for me.

I really don't. But I knew that each of us will have a different set of things we consider bad to be spoiled about. That's why I wanted to hear everybody's opinions on this.

Personally, I give zero fucks about spoilers. They don't matter to me at all. I totally get why they matter to some people, but I've always been of the opinion that a truly powerful moment in storytelling is equally powerful whether it not you know it's coming. It's not what the characters do or say, it's how they do or say it. The look on their face, the tone of their voice, etc. I knew the entire plot of The Last of Us before I played it, and it didn't harm the experience for me 1 bit. If anything, I enjoy it more each time I play it because the less I need to focus on following the plot, the more I can pay attention to all the tiny little character details that make it such an evocative story.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread