I hadn't seen this yet: Destiny missions to be reordered (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 14:24 (3210 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That sounds like a good idea. Imagine if you had just done the Black Garden storyline missions only, in order, then finished the game. You'd now have all these side missions to do, and it would have alleviated the problem of having nothing to do at level 20. So you've beaten the game and you are level 20. Instead of having nothing new to do, you now have all the side missions to explore. This works out because your main narrative is 'done', and now it's just flavor and exploration. Doing the side missions always feels out of place while your narrative is going. If there is such an urgency to destroy the heart, why am I worrying about killing the Archon priest, or the Archon of the House of Winter, or Valus D'aruc?

I tried to do that with my warlock, the problem is the level of difficulty increase on the core missions is too great to keep up with much past the moon. You have to turn to other activities to get the exp you need to handle the next mission... Or maybe I just had this problem because I was trying to do them all on Hard... hmm. Either way, the level increase might be a problem. A fixable problem, but one none the less.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread