I will make an effort to keep OPs fact-based... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 16:59 (3209 days ago) @ Kahzgul

If I paid my friend $80 for that cake, I'd be pretty upset with my friend, too. I'm sorry that you think I'm not a considerate person. I happen to think that I have valid opinions and a right to be upset. It's okay, I'm taking steps to prevent this in the future by vowing never to pre-order again. Destiny is not the only game that hasn't lived up to the hype of late, and it won't be the last. It is, however, hugely disappointing to me to see a studio I have idolized for more than twenty years turn out to just be mortal after all. It's a huge blow. I hope you can understand that, even if you disagree with my opinions.

You know what, Quentin Tarantino has a "never hate a movie" philosophy. You can not like a movie, but don't HATE it.

I think the same applies to video games, and I realized that there are games that were far worse than Destiny that I simply didn't like. Destiny was the only one that had aspects I outright HATED. Now I just see them as not for me.

Much more healthy an attitude.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread