Look at it this way (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 13:14 (3178 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I see what you are saying. But they made this a good change IMO. Having no weekly cap is amazing. but in order for that to work they have to limit how many you can actually get in a week. They did this by limiting how many you could earn in a day. If they allowed you to get more per day, they would just put the weekly cap back on.

There is essentially a soft weekly cap, based on how many marks you can earn from the daily and weekly activities. Yeah, I guess you can dismantle items to get more, but you're looking at a small number of marks for that. You get marks for quests the first time only.

Prior it was a weekly cap which you could earn towards all week whenever you played. Now it is a weekly cap which only allow you to earn marks towards it at certain times.

I am not sure I see the improvement yet. The cap is still there, it's just much more limiting. For someone looking to play the progression and grindy game less because that is dumb, I get hurt way more than I would under the old system.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread